Wednesday 15 January 2014

Feeding The 5,000

Wow! I have surpassed 5,000 views in only 5 months! I am certainly surprised this has reached so many of you lovely lot, thank you so much for continuing to read and share!





 



So as you have probably guessed by now, I quite like food and cooking! Over the last few months, I have found great joy in  researching recipes and adapting them to suit my dietary needs. Even better...other people like my creations too and ask me for recipes! Who knows, I may have just found my new vocation....!






Due to this, I am undertaking my biggest challenge to date; cooking my interpretation of a Lamb Mussaman Curry for 20 hungry mouths on Sunday...!! EBW are holding one of their One Day Cures, and always provide a Paleo Lunch - so I have been tasked with cooking up a lunchtime meal to help further fuel all those training for the afternoon ....Wish me luck! I will post picture proof of this mean feat next time..!

Naturally, I had to have one last practice last night, and as always, made far too much for just two people....but that's the best bit as dishes like curries and chillies can be used for breakfast / lunch or dinner the following day...it's a great time saver!!

The curry recipe has got to be one of my favourites to date, and even better, the substitutions I have made haven't effected the taste at all! Here are just a few of the ingredients I use for the sauce...can you guess any of them?

 





One Recipe I will share with you is my Elimination Diet friendly Chilli....Chilli without tomatoes or onions? Surely not? Well...it's pretty damn close..!

Approx. 4 Servings

Ingredients

800g Lamb Mince - I love the mince from our local farm shop, great quality and flavour!
400ml Water or Vegetable stock if preferred (this isn't ED)
1-2 Red Chillies - use according to taste preferences. Don't de-seed if you prefer the extra kick!
2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
4tsps Smoked Paprika
3tsps Ground Cumin
2tsps Fresh, ground Coriander
2tsps Mild Chilli Powder
1/2 Red Pepper and 1/2 Yellow Pepper, diced
Coconut Oil for cooking

Method:

In a large saucepan, heat a little coconut oil on mid heat whilst you prepare the ingredients for the sauce and add the mince to brown.

Once the mince is mostly browned, add all the above ingredients to the saucepan and mix in well with the mince.

Cover the pan and simmer for 40-50mins, stirring occasionally to ensure it doesn't stick to the pan.

Serve with fluffy white rice, or if avoiding carbs, cauliflower and broccoli rice...YUM :)

*Adjust quantities as needed if making batches of this as the meat can be cooled and frozen (and chilli always tastes nicer after a day...!) *

Do you have any 'go-to' recipes? Anyone else like to experiment with ingredients and produce great dishes?


I have just found three more recipes to try (and will adapt) from the good ol' Fitter Foods guys...That's dinner, breakfast and lunch sorted for me!

ED Progress

As I pledged, I have been following ED since January 6th and have done well! My weight is down 1.5kgs and my body fat is 1% down...and that was on the morning of day 7...so I am hoping for equally good results on day 14...!


Day 15 I think I will reintroduce coffee as I am dying to try the new Monmouth Coffee we have...!

Day 16, Beef...a nice big steak!

No Tomatoes and Onions as I know from previous experience they don't agree with me anyway!!

I will continue to reintroduce food groups over those following 14 days and see how I get on. I already know from these first two weeks that swede doesn't do my bloating any favours...so that is out!

Is anyone else trying a new diet this new year? How are you all doing with New Years resolutions? The gym I go to seems mega busy at the minute...I haven't seen that many people in a 7am class for a long time! Hopefully they all keep it up!

Franki x




2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog and wish I had your motivation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) anyone can, my aim is to inspire others with my motivation! It may not happen overnight, but if you want something bad enough, you need to make it happen :) x

      Delete