Tuesday 11 March 2014

Here We Go!


What a great weekend I had! Saturday saw a day spent with my beloved mum and sister to celebrate their Big Birthdays in London. This meant a few too many Fruit Ciders, Hotdogs and yummy Hummingbird Bakery Cakes of course!



Cake, Hamleys and Cider!!


 
Well hey...Celebrations needn't suffer when you are trying to be good!
You work hard the rest of the time to try and achieve the body you want, why shouldn't you have an indulgence once in a while? And here's the best bit....You won't feel guilty for it!! I was straight back to eating properly on Sunday (with no hangover!) as I knew I had enjoyed those little pleasures the day before, I felt satisfied that my cravings had been fed and that I was ready to focus again! 

It's my birthday in two weeks so up until then, I want to be spot on with my eating and training to, again, feel guilt free when I want that third slice of birthday cake...(My Dad makes a mean Red Velvet cake, and so I hope one makes an appearance this year!!)   

It's not just celebrations, no social occasion need suffer, you just need to be tactful and smart with your food and drink choices.

*If you are avoiding carbs, ask them to swap the chips for extra veg or a nice side salad.

*Maybe even opt for a 'Gluten Free' choice if it is available.

*Order a red wine instead of a cocktail, or ask for a bunless burger.
 
*But most importantly, try not to make a big deal out of it!

If you don't draw attention to the fact you need to order something specific and just do it when the pretty lady asks to take your order, you avoid all questioning and attempts at influencing your choices from those dining with you. They can ask after you've ordered - that way, you can't be swayed and will be satisfied that you have made the choice for YOU, not for what others think!
 
Don't ever feel like you need to explain your choices to anyone, or that anyone else's opinions should influence your decisions. Again, I refer back to the same thing; Your journey is yours and no ones else's.....  
 

In Other News.....

Sunday then saw the Official Opening of the New EBW Facility! A massive congratulations to James and Ben for all the hard work and long hours they have put into this. Everyone is extremely proud of both of them and we have already had a few session in the new aptly colour-coordinated gym....here is a quick peek....













As you can imagine, we are all incredibly excited about this and really looking forward to seeing this grow! 



Sessions started yesterday morning and I was there at 7am to try the first class! Wednesday 12th will see me taking my first very own class - Elite Females - and I cannot wait! Ladies that will be joining me, I have planned the first 6 weeks of sessions already! I have tried one of them out in a recent Group Session and it seemed to go down well (as well as an all upper body work out can!)

From my sessions, you can expect to see a mix of Tabata, Bar Routines and the 6-12-25 protocol incorporated over the weeks, and all my sessions will be aimed at improving Body Composition.

All the sessions I will run are designed around the training I have done to help me achieve my current physique...I may even throw in some Olympic Lifting if you're lucky... ;-)

I am really looking forward to seeing all the new faces EBW have signed up and can't wait to welcome any new ladies to Elite Females! I hope my first session is well received and I really welcome any feedback from the ladies that attend over the coming weeks!!


*Calling all Do - Gooders*
 

I am also looking to run a Charity event at the new Facility in April. A colleague of mine, Rich, will be running the London Marathon on April 13th in aid of Mercy Ships, a charity that takes voluntary aid and medical supplies to Africa.

The event will see a group of us collectively covering 26 miles of exercise - but this will be in the form of Strongman Events of course, such as Farmers Walks, Prowlers, Yokes and Car Pulls etc.

Looking to hold this Event on April 27th, but finalised details will be posted as soon as we can - I just wanted to let you all know! And if you would be interested in taking part to help us raise some cash for this great charity, please contact me and I can add you to my list! *This will be open to anyone, of any ability! The more the merrier (and easier!)*

http://www.mercyships.org.uk/


More on Food...Obviously.....


Our Pancake stack!
So, did we all indulge a little on Pancake Day last week?! Did you go for the traditional, original style or try out a new recipe?


''Oh, but aren't pancakes really bad for you? All that butter...sugar...eggs...flour''
 Well, yes. For me anyway, I know that I feel truly awful after eating traditional pancakes, so I chose not to and have found alternatives to suit my lifestyle.

We waited until breakfast the next morning to have ours and we opted for a good old Paleo Pancake stack between us, drizzled in double cream and Mapley maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon...scrummy!



Georgie opted for a homemade Oat, Egg and Peanut Butter combination for her and Jonah...and I have to admit, I prefer the look of hers...! She added other ingredients such as cinnamon, jam and raisins to create a yummy alternative....and is now addicted to them! Glad to see my love of experimental cooking is rubbing off on at least one member of the family ;-)


 



 
What did you go for? Do you have any proud creations to share? Or do you think Pancake Photos just
look like a big slop on a plate?!
 
 
One Last Thing....
 
Just to sign off, I am sure you already know this, but I love a bit of personalisation! Here is my latest EBW vest....what do you think?! Got quite a few stares whilst walking round the supermarket on Sunday....!
 
 
But I feel it sums me up well! :)
 


I have caught the bug....I want another one already!! Birthday Present?!

Have a good one!

Franki x

No comments:

Post a Comment