Friday 18 April 2014

It's Nearly Time...!!






A four day weekend!! I was so in need of my lie in until 7am this morning! But was up at the gym by 830 for a quick and final pre comp session.








As you know, the last four weeks have included very specific competition based sessions, focussing on the events that will be included on Sunday (eeeek, it's two days away!) and I am glad to say that I feel ready! I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, of course I am. But that is the biggest drive. And the added adrenaline rush on the day. that's what will see me through...I hope..!

I entered this comp not with the intention of winning, or even placing, but wanted to set myself a huge goal and see how far I could take it - there is nothing better to keep you on track! Good thing is, I have enjoyed this phase of my training and have smashed some PBs in the process! There are 7 ladies in my category including myself, and my goal is to place in the top 4 - that would be amazing! Watch this space, I will do a write up of the day next week! I may even treat myself to an Easter Egg...!

Thank you to everyone who is coming to Winning Health Solutions to help support me, it really means a lot and I am very grateful of all the well wishing so far!

What Motivates YOU?

There are a number of things that people use for motivation; a picture....a quote.....a song.... I have one of each;

I love pictures like the below - an array of male and female competitors. All Outstanding Athletes in their respective field. All Olympians.

All are different aesthetically (obviously) and all will have at some point in their careers been praised, but also ridiculed for how they look. But do you think they care? They are doing what they love and are proud to represent their chosen sport and country. I think that is truly inspiring! We don't all have to be tall with luscious locks, a tan and a six pack to be good at what we do best!
 
 
 
 

Failure to Prepare is Preparing to Fail - This has got to be one of the most important mantras to have in your head! Regardless of whether it is a training or eating goal, it rings true for so many situations!

Your Playlist

I think this bears as much significance to your achievements as your preparation does. My workout playlist doesn't just contain up beat pop/dance/house music - in there are some very significant songs that hold a message - songs like 'Fighter' by Christina Aguilera. This song holds real meaning to me as I could directly relate to it in a particular phase of my younger life - and the message and meaning still stays with me today. It may be cheesy, but having some empowering songs to listen to pre work out can really help!

I have recently started putting together a playlist for my Elite Females class and here are the kind of things that are on there (it can't be too bad as there are currently a group of guys training to my playlist, singing along and I have heard no complaints...!)



Destiny's Child - Survivor / Independent Women Pt1

Christina Aguilera - Can't Hold Us Down
 
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life
 
Sigma - Nobody to Love
 
Wilkinson - Afterglow
 
P Diddy ft Nicole Scherzinger - Come to Me
 
Maxta - Wanna Go
 
The rest includes the likes of Rihanna, Foxes, Justin Timberlake, Pink, Nelly and Mr Probz
 
 
 
Do you use music as a distraction? Do you have any particular songs that hold particular reference that help you performance?
 
I know what I will be listening to on Sunday - and Zuz, I am certainly taking you up on the offer of a shoulder massage whilst we sing along to Fighter!!
 
 
Right, I shall leave it there for today, lets go and enjoy the sunshine!
 
Hope you all have a great Easter Break, take it easy on the Eggs...!
 
Franki x

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment