Monday 5 January 2015

What Will This Year Bring?




Firstly, Happy New Year to you all! I know this post is well overdue, I feel I have somewhat neglected my writing of late and this certainly frustrates me! I am back into the swing of things now and ready for a new, exciting year!







Although, it hasn't got off to the best of starts....

So as you know, last year I shared with you my secret. My ''Lady Problem'' .... Yes, the Endometriosis Thing...

Well I was scheduled to have another operation today - the one that would hopefully give me some more answers and *fingers crossed* help stop the pain.

But they cancelled it. YESTERDAY. Thanks for the notice guys!

Understandably, I'm annoyed. My pain was incredibly bad over Christmas - I also had a particularly scary moment in the car due to a sudden spasm. I was really looking forward to almost putting a stop to all this.

Even more annoyingly, (and this may sound incredibly sad but hey) I had pretty much planned out my training year in my head, as this is equally as important to me! Knowing I'd be in hospital and off work for the first week of January meant that I would rule out any competitions in January and February and focus on competing from March / April - Competitions already decided and nearly entered....

Now, I have to ''wait by the phone for a call with a date" (exactly!) to know when I will be in again - which is looking to be a few months time. Incredibly frustrating but one of those things that just can't be helped...they say anyway.

Anyway, the point in telling you this is illustrate the point of Change, Acceptance and Moving On (god, it sounds like I'm talking about a break up!)

Too many people get freaked out when things don't go to plan, or they don't loose the weight they had hoped for, or put on more weight over festive periods than they had intended.

But hey, guess what. It happens - it is how you choose to deal with it that is most important.

The goals I had set myself for these first three months have had to change - and I have made my adjustments within a day because if I had taken too long, I fear I would have just let them go and forgotten about them.

Best thing, is to set small goals with realistic timescales. Better to tell yourself that you will aim to walk at least a mile a week than to climb Everest next month...!

So my short term goals (unless I get that call!) are;

*Each Week for the next 8 weeks- learn a new Yoga Pose, courtesy of The Yoga Bible I received for Christmas. Whilst doing so, I will also asses my flexibility increase*

*Increase my water intake back up to at least 3 Litres ( I have been seriously slacking on this as of late!)*
 
*Hit a 100kg Back Squat by March 25th - My Birthday*
 
 
As and where, if I see fit, I can adjust these goals and even increase them if need be!


My New Addiction!
 
 
Are you feeling a little lost on your journey to a healthier you? Are you lacking in motivation and confidence to get back into things, or to even start your journey? Makes the small changes now so the bigger ones don't seem so daunting
 
Have you got any goals set for 2015? Even non gym related ones? I have a few more that included learning to speak some actual Italian! Yes I know, it's a shame I can't already.... ;-)
 
 
Make 2015 your year! What's that photo swirling around on Instagram at the Moment....
 
 
 
 
 
 
Stay tuned for my Body Beautiful Post that will be up on Friday!
 
Much Love for 2015
 
Franki xx
 
 
Facebook: Franki Napolitano
Twitter: @fnapolitano2
Instagram: FrankiNapolitano 





No comments:

Post a Comment