Monday 7 July 2014

It's Nearly Time!

The wait is nearly over!

After a hectic few weeks of name changing, branding design, picking the packaging and finalising my menu, I'm glad to say that I will be taking my first orders this week!


 
 
Mia Cucina is open for Business!


I wanted a simple, yet memorable name for this - and what better than My Kitchen in Italian!

So....Remind me how this will work again?!

After my last post I received many questions on how the food will be available and in what capacity...

Each Thursday Morning, I will put up a menu for the following week which will consist of;

*Two Main Meals
*1 Side / Snack
*1 Soup

I will take orders until Friday at 3pm, and then the food will be ready for collection on Monday morning.

The Collection Point will be Elite-Bodyworks* and your dishes will be labelled with your name for easy pick up.

There will be 3 Collection Slots Available throughout Monday;

7:30am - 9am

12pm - 1pm

8pm - 9pm

As I may not always be there when you do collect, there will be an 'I Contain' list to accompany each dish - just so you have sight of what's in your food!

*Apologies, at this point in time, I am unable to do deliveries - watch this space though! For their address, visit their website http://www.elite-bodyworks.com/

The idea being that you can purchase as many of the four options as you like, knowing you have something to fall back on should you not get to do the food shopping on time - or just fancy someone else to do the hard work for you  ;-)

The dishes will be suitable for home refrigeration and freezing where stated, so you can buy as you go, or stock up!

Dishes will be provided in foil containers and the mains will come in two sizes to suit different appetites. These will be suitable for home cooking (either in the oven or the pan) and cooking instructions will be provided.

The soups will be one size and provided in an Eco Friendly pot - although I would still recommend heating through on the hob ;-)

I may have not been totally 100% clear on my first announcement, But to start with, I won't be able to provide 'days' worth of food' - although this is the long term goal - this is a little venture I am setting out on in line with everything else going on, but I am hoping this will grow into the flourishing business I want it to!

Anyway, thought I would keep this short and sweet as I will probably be bombarding you over the next week with posts! But I hope this has made things a bit clearer and I hope to receive an order from you soon! Keep an eye out on Thursday for my first menu and details on how to order!

*Oh yes, of course...Thank you to everyone who has supported me during this quest, be it with Name Suggestions, Meal Ideas, Marketing Advice and Good Old Encouragement.

A special Thanks goes to James for giving me the initial push into this and to my friend and colleague Rich Kearsey, Creative Director of New Media Group who has designed my logos and created my branding!* http://www.new-media-group.co.uk/

Just to end, I promised my Facebook Followers I would provide the recipe for the Coconut Chicken and Aubergine Tapenade .... so here it is;





Crunchy Coconut Chicken

2 Chicken Legs
1 Tbsp of Mild Curry Powder
Sprinkle of Salt
2 Tsps of Smoked Paprika
Sprinkle of Coconut Flakes
2 Tbsps of Coconut Oil

Preheat Oven to 180'

Scour the Chicken skin and drizzle some oil over the top. Then rub the Paprika, Salt, Curry Powder and Coconut Flakes into the skin, ensuring both legs are covered and drizzle a little more oil over the top.

Place in the oven and roast for 40 minutes. Meanwhile....

Chunky Aubergine and Mixed Pepper Tapenade
Well...Kind of!

250g of Mixed Olives
1 Aubergine
1 Green Pepper
1 Yellow Pepper
2 Tbsps of Tomato Puree
2 Garlic Cloves
2 Tsps of Paprika
2 Tsps of Mixed Herbs
Pinch of Salt
Coconut Oil
Juice of half a Lime

Dice the Olives, Peppers and Aubergine into small chunks and finely chop the Garlic Cloves and add them to a mixing bowl. Drizzle in oil and stir to coat the veg.

Then Add the Puree, Paprika and Mixed Herbs and stir again - ensuring all the veg is covered. Then add to a saucepan on a medium heat.

Cook for 10 minutes until the veg starts to soften, and then add the lime juice.

Continue to cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Delicious served hot or cold!

Think this may be my last recipe for a while....I won't have anything to serve soon... ;-)

Franki x

Facebook: Franki Napolitano
Twitter: @fnapolitano2
Instagram: FrankiNapolitano

No comments:

Post a Comment