Friday 8 August 2014

Competition Time...Again!

So only two more days until the BNSF Britain's Natural Strongest Woman takes place and I'm happy to say I feel ready! I am under strict instruction to not train and it is killing me...I will be glad of it on Sunday though!

To keep me from bouncing off the walls, I am focussing on Yoga at home - stretching and relaxation to keep me sane and it's working....Sort of!  I am starting to notice a huge improvement in my flexibility though which can only be positive for my comp prep, right?!

Anyway, as I've said previously about comp prep, that's what it's all about, Preparation. What effort you put in before hand in order to be at your best for the day. How to prepare for such events, physically and mentally.

I'm not afraid to admit that at first, I wasn't sure I even wanted to enter this one, I don't know why, a mix of fear, apprehension and self doubt I suppose. Scared of losing face so to speak, after all, my main focus is to inspire others isn't it? How would it look if I didn't do very well this time? Fell over again? Came Last?!

Well, none of that matters at all, and this is what I have been telling myself. It has taken a lot of hard work for me to even consider entering such a competition, and the mere fact that I am proves to me that I deserve to be there.

By doing so, I will be setting an example for all my other Strong Ladies who want to compete, but don't yet have the confidence. That's my biggest drive for the day, you guys.

Right, back to being light-hearted please...!

I haven't yet picked what my breakfast will be on Saturday, although it will be an early one as we need to be in Watford for 830am... But I'm banking on a few extra minutes in bed whilst I have it made for me ;-)

A Breakfast Calzone would go down a TREAT!

Tomorrow I will be prepping my food for the day; I usually go for sausages (as they are ok cold - I actually prefer them that way!) and some sweet potato wedges, coupled with some raspberries and cashews to snack on. And lots of water! Regularly at these types of competitions, I see competitors with energy drinks and sweets - I think I would be seeing stars with all that sugar!! But hey, we all have our own mantras and preparation!

Morgan and Sara are equally ready - Sara recently won Basingstoke's Strongest Novice with Morgan placing 4th in the same comp, so they are quietly confident! I haven't been able to train with Sara but from my sessions with Morgan, I can tell she will do well  (I'm just glad she is in the category above me!) has hit some great PBs recently, and I am sure both ladies will do themselves, and EBW of course, proud come Sunday.


Just some of my training wounds...!
Lastly, I am just looking forward to seeing all the Strong family again. There is always such a great atmosphere at these events and I'm sure this one wont disappoint.

I think this is why I like Strongwoman / Strongman Competing as much as I do - rather than bitchy rivalry that you may find in other sport, I can honestly say that to date, I have witnessed no such thing at any comp I have been
to. Male or Female!

Everyone appreciates how bloody hard you have to work, the physical and mental exhaustion, the cuts, bruises and falls that happen, and everyone is respected. It's brilliant. Even just being a spectator hives you a real buzz!




I know a few people are interested in coming along to support us all, so the address for the event is:

Watford Gym
Sandown Road
WD24 7XA


I love this! Gutted I didn't buy it!

It's 8:30 Friday morning and I am already tetchy and wanting to lift something heavy....! Bring on Sunday!

And see all of you lovely ladies then - looking forward to it!



Franki xx



Facebook: Franki Napolitano
Twitter: @fnapolitano2
Instagram: FrankiNapolitano


No comments:

Post a Comment