Friday 29 August 2014

I'm Back!

 
 

Wow, the Blog has been up for 1 whole year now, and is doing so much better than I ever thought it would be! Thanks to all those that continuously follow and support..it means a lot! xx

Back to business though, the holiday has been and gone. I had a beautiful week in Torrevieja, Alicante with James - Sun, Downtime, Great Food and More Sun :-)

Throughout the week, I wasn't too far away from work however. Not only did I bear the EBW colours almost everyday through some Bikini Variation, but we also found a great little gym to train at (obviously, I didn't think we could go a whole week without some sort of training!) and I kept a daily log of food / observations and even a newspaper clipping that I wanted to share with you all.

You went to a Commercial Gym?!

We did indeed! for 6 Euros a session, we couldn't pass it up. Although the cardio section dominated most of the space, the free weights had their own separate room, and it was pretty well equipped! It even included the typical ''you missed leg day'' guy who, both times we went, was there doing some sort of shoulder and arm workout in front of the mirror grunting ;-)

Although I was the only Female, it didn't feel half as intimidating as other Commercial Gyms I have trained in. That was until I did a 100kg Strapless Deadlift and weighted Chin Ups....that caused a few looks...! I was chuffed though - despite the heat and the sweat, that was the heaviest I have managed to lift without straps!

How did you eat? Were you 'good'?

A few people have asked me this question, and did so before I went, hence the reason I kept track.

In essence, yes we did eat well, but we weren't short of a few indulgences. This may sound odd, but we just didn't want to scoff unnecessary food and gorge on treats because we didn't need them.

Not to say there weren't Ice Creams, Desserts, Chips, Bread, even Pizza - and of course Cider, Amoretto and Whiskey, but all in moderation (or once in some cases!) and this was due to how I felt after consumption. Yes, I was on holiday, but didn't want to spend my week in pain or uncomfortable because of the food I had eaten - I have worked hard enough to get to where I am, why would I spoil it and nearly ruin my chill time?!

We Love Red Wine...!


On the first day we visited a supermarket to buy some supplies for the week -  our intention was to cook our own breakfasts each day and then eat out for the other meals. We purchased lots of fresh meat and veg, eggs, water, cheese and nuts - and this lasted us the week. We had Pork Chops fried with Almonds, Courgettes and Aubergines one morning, Salmon and Eggs another and a Spicy Chorizo and Aubergine omelette - so we did pretty well on the breakfast front- until the last day - we went out for Gourmet Ice Cream and Coffee..!

We ate at some amazing restaurants too, some of which were recommended by Sanjay and Ruby, who we rented our Villa from, (Thank You both so much!) some just by exploring and recommendations by locals.


CHE Argentinian Grill

One of our favourite places - an Argentinian Buffet Grill with a difference. Rather than queuing up, plate in hand, everything is brought round to your table - every few minutes, a server will come round with a variety of cooked meats, vegetables and side dishes, you simply say yes or no to what is being offered! Everything from Beef Steak to Herbed White Fish, Sizzling Chorizo Sausages and the Best Black Pudding I have ever had (Yes, Really!) and grilled Veg. Both times we went for dinner, we were both too full to even contemplate dessert! In fact I only had a dessert on the last day...

Panache

A short walk from where we staying, we went here on our first night. James opted for an Escargot starter - not that bad actually, just like garlic-y, chewy mussels! We then both shared a giant, fresh Seafood Paella - it was beautiful! You could taste the freshness of the King Prawns, Mussels and other Shellfish included - Amazing!


Mmmm....Snails!



 
Huge!!























Chapter 1

Probably our Favourite of all the places we ate. Simply amazing food! This was a small Fine Dining establishment that James was told about on one of his Golf Days, and I'm glad we checked this place out!

First, we went for dinner, Opting to share starters of Baby Squid stuffed with Feta and Chorizo and White Chocolate and Scallop Arrencini, accompanied by Irish Soda Bread and Garlic Alioli. This was followed by the largest and most filling Fish dish I have ever had - Teriyaki Cod on Peanut and Coconut Rice - Heavenly!

Again, too full for a Dessert, but we said we would go back on our last day as they did Roast Dinner ;-)

Wow! The Best Roast Dinner from a restaurant EVER!! The Food was just so fresh and flavoursome, we were so impressed - the portions were generous and they had the creamiest, smoothest Mash! Delightful!

Even though I was full to burst, I had to have a dessert - I went for a Blueberry Cheesecake - Winner!!

Gorgeous Fish Dish
Cheesecake makes me Happy :)








 
 
 
 
 
So I mentioned James went to Golf? There are some truly beautiful courses across Spain, so I could hardly deny him an opportunity to play at one of the Top 100 Courses in Europe - Las Colinas. The Landscape and Views were incredible and he even got to play with a Pro....Meanwhile, I caught some much needed Sun :)
 
 
Beautiful Course
Pool to myself!
 
 
 
I just wanted to share some insights into our time away, reiterate the fact that we all need rest and time away from everyday stresses and that just because you are away from routine, it doesn't have to mean all your hard work and discipline should go to waste :)
 
 
 I had a lot of time to myself to reflect and observe everything around me. One of the biggest things I noticed was Body Confidence. This I will cover in a separate post next week as I have quite a lot to say about it...including an interesting article I read in a newspaper whilst away.

I hope everyone has had a lovely summer and still striving for better and well on your way to reaching your goals!
 



Franki xx

Facebook: Franki Napolitano
Twitter: @fnapolitano2
Instagram: FrankiNapolitano

No comments:

Post a Comment