Friday 5 September 2014

Doing My Bit For Charity

A few months back, I told you I was planning on doing a Charity Fundraiser....and I still plan to!

In fact, I have booked a date for it;  on November 22nd 2014, I will be holding Franki's Mad Pants Tea Party!

Who For? Endometriosis UK http://endometriosis-uk.org/





Why? I have suffered with this disease for over 4 years.

Endometriosis UK is a Charity that works with sufferers on the management of the disease, offering support and guidance, as well as campaigning for sufferers to receive better treatment and care - and hopefully, as with all causes like this, find a cure.

It is something that effects roughly 1.5 million Women in the UK alone and can be truly awful. There have been days were it has been a struggle for me to walk.

Or the pain comes on so suddenly it stops me in my tracks (can you imagine this happening to you whilst you're driving?! Scary to say the least!)

For some, it can be so debilitating, getting off the sofa is about as much movement as you'll get in a day.






It can even lead to Female Infertility due to the slow process in which diagnosis can take place. I was told several times my symptoms were ''Irritable Bowel Syndrome'' ''A Pulled Muscle'' and even, insultingly, ''It's All In Your Head'' ..... all the while, I was suffering with what turned out to be ''A Pretty Severe Case'' - a diagnosis I eventually got after seeking a third opinion from a walk in clinic who immediately referred me for scans....and so my Endo Journey began....

Unfortunately, like several other diseases, there is no known cure, only quick fixes which usually result in a trip to the hospital for surgery - and this has happened three times to me.

Luckily for me, although the pain I suffer can be at times unbearable, I am able to still carry on day to day life, and even train - I think I have only not trained a handful of times due to it... I don't let anything stop me...! ;-)

You already know how passionate I am about Health and Wellbeing, and I feel it is so important to support this from all angles. Raising awareness about Women's Health, for me, is as equally important as it is to raise awareness for Eating Disorders - Two areas that don't get enough recognition for the serious diseases it encompasses. When it does, it's usually a negative story - this should change. This is why I want to raise awareness and money for a cause that closely effects me.


So what's a Mad Pants Tea Party?!






Well, it's pretty much just that -  a Tea Party, except you wear a token - a pair of Pink Pants :-)

Venue is still to be confirmed, hoping to get this sorted next week - in the meantime, if anyone can recommend one, it would be most appreciated!

The theme for the Tea Party will be Pink Pants, but as long as something you wear is Pink, you'll fit right in :)

I plan on running a few little competitions such as;

 ''Guess the Weight of the Cake'' - Winner gets the cake,

A Cake ''Auction'' - a special Pink Pants Cake that will be sold to the highest bidder

Along with a Lucky Dip, Good Old Cake Sale and of course a Raffle with some great prizes to be won!

A £2 Entry fee will also be asked for, and you will get a free cup of Tea or Coffee on entry :)

I hope to raise a bit of cash for a great cause and would be most grateful if anyone else is willing to get involved, either by volunteering to bake some yummy cupcakes to sell, can donate any prizes for the raffle or to simply help me set up and tidy away on the day. Ooh and take plenty of photos!

I will be doing promotions for this through the Gym, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, so you have no excuses to forget the date ;-)

Oh, and the Event won't be exclusive to just the ladies, guys are most welcome too! But you HAVE TO wear pink pants ;-)


I hope that you are able to support me in this venture! Over the next year I am hoping to do a few more fundraisers for them....their next one is Tough Mudder - https://toughmudder.co.uk/   but I don't think I am quite up to it yet...!

Do you do any fundraising? If so, what inspired you to do so?

Franki xx


Facebook: Franki Napolitano
Twitter: @fnapolitano2
Instagram: FrankiNapolitano

No comments:

Post a Comment